What is breast reduction surgery?
When we speak of surgery, breast reduction surgery Melbourne isn’t one that comes to find. However, it is important to know about reduction mammaplasty or breast reduction surgery. Excess skin, tissue and fat are removed from the breasts during the procedure.
If one has large breasts and want to ease their discomfort or are looking for a way to achieve beautiful symmetrical breasts then they need to get a breast reduction surgery done.
Furthermore, if you feel that your breasts prevent you from participating in physical activates, the breast reduction Melbourne will make it easy for you to do so and would even improve one’s self-esteem. Now, if one is considering getting a breast reduction surgery done then it is important to contact Ashton Plastic Surgery. Anyone planning on the procedure should consider everything it entails such as complications, risks and what the results would be.
Why it’s done?
Breast reduction surgery helps resolves issues for women that have large breasts, these issues include:
- Nerve pain
- Restricted activity
- Chronic neck, shoulder and back pain.
- Poor self-esteem due to the large breasts
Who should not get a Breast Reduction Surgery?
The following people should not get a breast reduction surgery:
- The very obese
- If you are looking for a procedure that doesn’t cause scars
- Diabetes patients
- Anyone with heart-related problems
Who can get a breast reduction surgery?
Normally, anyone except the above mentioned people can get a breast reduction surgery. It doesn’t matter how old one might be and even teenagers can undergo the surgery if the surgeon thinks fit. However, if one doesn’t have breasts that are fully developed then they should wait until they get developed. Furthermore, you should skip breast reduction and postpone it for later if you are pregnant or experience weights loss.
What are the risks associated with the surgery?
There are some risks to breast reduction surgery just like any other type of surgery. These include an adverse reaction, infection or bleeding. There are other risks which are possible too such as below:
- Bruising which would normally be temporary
- Inability or difficult with breast-feeding
- Loss of sensation for the skin surrounding the nipples or in the nipples
- Difference in symmetry, shape or size of the breasts after surgery.
How to Prepare?
The plastic surgeon would do the following for preparation.
- Go through your overall health and medical history
- Tell you about what you can expect in terms of the appearance and size of the breast post-surgery
- Informs you about the entire procedure, the benefits and its risks such as loss of sensation or scarring
- Examines your breasts and measures them
- Photographs would be taken for medical records
- Explains which anesthesia is being used for the surgery
Is it worth it?
There is a reason why women around the world get a breast reduction surgery. In most cases, the results are worth the effort.